Fantasy Quake: Rise of the Phoenix
InfoAuthor: Team Phoenix
A world in the Balance.... Life versus Death, Good versus Evil, and somewhere in between is the answer..... the focal point of Balance - Rebirth.
What is Fantasy Quake, what is it about?
Choose from among six player classes and battle your way across the continent in search of the fabled Phoenix Egg, a legendary immortal bird who is symbolic of the Balance of Life, Death, and Rebirth.
Each character has his/her own motivations for seeking the Egg of the Phoenix, but they all share one goal and purpose - get the helpless Egg before the invading army, led by a supreme evil, find it.
Characters• 6 Statistic based classes
• 10 Experience levels per class
• 8 Completely original weapons
• 45 skills and spells already coded, over 60 total planned
Realism• Fatigue - finally a reason to turn off always run
• Footstep/swimming noises
• Stats determine physical ability (run speed, jump height, footstep volume)
• Realistic behaving weapons - no "insta-bullets" (i.e. shotgun style)
• Pick up ammo from missed shots, both yours and monster's
• Burning fire - find water or "stop, drop, and roll" to extinguish
Items• Inventory based - use items when you want
• Drop items/ammo for your friends
• Keep up to 9 of each item from one level to the next
• "Real" shields that have to be pointed at incoming attack
• Buy items at shops (sell, too, in the final version)
• Unique power-ups, as well as classics (grapple)
Graphics• Each class has unique model and/or skin
• Player models show active weapon, shields
• Over 100 total new/altered models
• Skins that show when target is wounded
• 6 completely new monster models, including an all-new boss
• 15 new weapon models
• Completely redesigned status bar
• Over 24 unique levels (including towns and secret levels)
taken from the official website
InstallationSimply unzip all the files from fqrotp92.zip to the directory [...]/quake/fq/.
How to playRun Quake with the parameter -game fq +map fqrotpst
You will need to read the manual. Click here to read it online or grab it from the Download section below and read the file manualx.html. You probably want to tweak the bindings a little bit.
For each class, a configuration file will be automatically executed upon selecting the class in game. As a fallback, autoexec.cfg can be executed since it contains the default binds. Below is a convenient list of said defaults taken from the manual and config:
You may need to enter exec autoexec.cfg;cfg_save in console if playing online for the first time and commands aren't working. This will override custom binds, but should only be needed once.
Star Trek: TQS
Aliens vs Predator
Command & Conquer
Duke Nukem 3D
Jedi Knight II
Quake III Arena
Red Alert 2
ST: Elite Force