It's been five years since you took control of the Gunmen, after the General fell in battle fighting the alien Xenomes.
Now the Xenomes are back in force, but this time there's a sinister presence controlling them. The infestation has taken a new, deadlier form and they're wiping out your forces.
You're on your own, facing a gang of genetically-engineered aliens and the desperados controlling them. Luckily you've brought your guns.... lots of them.
• An all-new gripping tale of betrayal and revenge: over 40 hours of action-packed gameplay
• Four immense and unique worlds to pacify
• Extensive weapon customisations options - up to 32 configurations per weapon
• Dozens of different genetically modified mutants track you with fiendish intelligence
• Intense multiplayer action with up to 32 gunmen via LAN or the Internet
taken from the back of the box
Magazine featuresComputer Gaming World #199 - Feb 2001
Source code availabilityNeither SDK or source code has been released in any capacity. It's rumored to have been misplaced at Valve, who were the people in charge of finishing and releasing the game.
The original disc release is not playable. Several alternatives to WON.net existed, but they're varying in quality.
Gunman Chronicles is in the process of being liberated for all major platforms. Powered by FTE QuakeWorld and Frag-Net you'll now be able to play hassle-free multiplayer using your original disc copy of Gunman Chronicles on systems beyond Win9x and Windows NT.
Aliens vs Predator
Command & Conquer
Duke Nukem 3D
Jedi Knight II
Quake III Arena
Red Alert 2
ST: Elite Force