"Quake is the biggest, baddest, bloodiest and most atmospheric 3-D action game ever conceived." -- PC GAMER
"The most important PC game ever."-- PC ZONE
"Quake looks like no other game and perfectly displays id's trademark fusion of nightmarish art and advanced technology." -- WIRED
"The vanguard of a terrifying new level of immersive interactivity."-- COMPUTER GAMING WORLD
"The new, radically different graphics engine delivers mesmerizing 3-D effects." -- TIME
From the creators of DOOM and DOOM II comes the most intense, technologically advanced 3-D experience ever captured on CD-ROM. Features free and fluid motion, ambient sound and lighting, and unmatched multi-player capabilities (play with up to 15 others via internet, modem, LAN or serial connection).
• Computer Gaming World #136 - Nov 1995
• Computer Gaming World #138 - Jan 1996
• Computer Gaming World #142 - May 1996
• Computer Gaming World #143 - Jun 1996
• Computer Gaming World #144 - Jul 1996
• Computer Gaming World #145 - Aug 1996
Big Game Hunt
• Computer Gaming World #146 - Sep 1996
• Computer Gaming World #147 - Oct 1996
• Computer Gaming World #149 - Dec 1996
Holiday Hot 100
• Computer Gaming World #150 - Jan 1997
4 page print ad
The Quakelet Boom
The Quake pageBots
• Computer Gaming World #151 - Feb 1997
The Quake page
• Computer Gaming World #152 - Mar 1997
• Computer Gaming World #153 - Apr 1997
• Computer Gaming World #154 - May 1997
Action Game of the Year
Special Award - Quake Engine
• Computer Gaming World #155 - Jun 1997
Elliot Chin on Addons
• Computer Gaming World #157 - Aug 1997
Quake Lives On
• Computer Gaming World #158 - Sep 1997
Tresh, Carmack, Ferrari
• Computer Gaming World #159 - Oct 1997
• Computer Gaming World #160 - Nov 1997
CrackWhore Clan report
• Computer Gaming World #164 - Mar 1998
Micron Electronics propaganda
Source code availabilityThe source code was released on December 21st 1999, under the GNU General Public License 2.
How-to-play On-lineThe digital version on Steam features a closed, proprietary multiplayer experience. It is incompatible with most modifications, QuakeWorld and more. In order to experience the entire world Quake multi-player has to offer - get a third-party client based off the source code release.
Grab a FTE QuakeWorld executable for your system and start playing immediately! You can host a server without port-forwarding by changing the 'Public' setting to 'Hole-Punch', which will show up in Frag-Net.com's master server list immediately!
This is a curated selection of official files. Files we deem a must-have! You can find a more complete list of official files compiled by Jason2Brownlee right here.. Excellent work!
Third-party downloadsYou can find loads of custom levels to play with your install of Quake by visiting Quaddicted!
Even the most advanced singleplayer levels work flawlessly under FTE QuakeWorld. Quaddicted is the largest Quake level archive, ever.
Star Trek: TQS
Aliens vs Predator
Duke Nukem 3D
Jedi Knight II
Quake III Arena
ST: Elite Force