Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2
|Developer: Westwood Studios, Inc.
|Publisher: Electronic Arts, Inc.
|Release Date: October 24, 2000
|Buy Physical: ebay.com
|Buy Digital: EA's Shop
THE EXPLOSIVE FOLLOW-UP TO ONE OF THE MOST LOVED PC GAMES OF ALL TIME
• The Soviets are exacting their revenge and invading the United States. Fight on the side of freedom or join the Soviet war machine.
• Integrate the power of top-secret technology into your strategy. Soviet Cloning Vats and Allied Chrono Devices are just a few of the many devastating weapons.
• Prism Tanks, Tesla Troopers, Terror Drones, Desolators, Psychic Mind Control, Giant Squd and Aircraft Carriers are just a small part of your arsenal.
• Enhanced veterancy turns newbie forces into a battle hardened veterans - Unleash exra fire power and discover secret abilities.
• More ways to wage war than ever before! Play either side in the full solo play campaign or play as one of 9 nations in 8 modes of multiplay and skirmish mode.
• Take your campaign over land, sea and air to utilize over 80 units & structures to deliver your fury.
• Wreak havoc with a friend through the specially designed co-op campaign.
• Cinematic movies accentuate each hard-won battle and brief you for your next mission.
• Will you lead an American victory parade in the streets of New York or host a Soviet victory celebration in the White House?
taken from the back of the box
Source code availability
The source code has not been released. That said, the OpenRA project is in the process of liberating the game which you can see here.
Until OpenRA gains full support for Red Alert 2, the best way to play it is via CnCNet, which requires you to own the full copy of the game.
Aliens vs Predator
Command & Conquer
Duke Nukem 3D
Jedi Knight II
Quake III Arena
Red Alert 2
ST: Elite Force