Prey tells the story of Tommy, a Cherokee garage mechanic stuck on a reservation going nowhere. His life changes when an otherworldly crisis forces him to awaken spiritual powers from his long-forgotten birthright. Abducted along with his people to a menacing mothership orbiting Earth, he sets out to save himself and his girlfriend and eventually his planet.
Prey is serious, dark story, based on authentic Cherokee mythology. Themes of sacrifice, love and responsibility are explored and the story dives into emotional territory not yet explored by similar games.
• Built on an enhanced Doom 3 engine, the most impressive 3D engine used in a released game.
• Portal technology adds a new dimension to gameplay, allowing enemies to appear out of thin air and create new and completely original puzzles and gameplay styles.
• Several never-before-seen gameplay elements such as Spirit Walking, Wall Walking, and Deathwalk.
• Highly organic, living environment that itself can attack Tommy.
• A deep, emotional story of love and sacrifice.
• Tommy has a sidekick, a spiritual hawk that can help him fight enemies and decipher the alien language of the living ship.
• Multiplayer game support that takes advantage of the unique gameplay styles in Prey
How-to-play On-lineA replacement third-party master server is available. Note that Prey does not currently support Frag-Net, so you're unfortunately not able to host any servers without the need to port-forward or browse servers.
Linux client files
Duke Nukem 3D
Kingpin: Life of Crime
Quake III Arena